Search for missing man Joe Pryor moves south after several tips
The family search for missing Kāpiti resident Joe Pryor has moved south following possible sightings of the man who has not been heard from since Friday.
Research coordinator Quenton Buser said researchers had received several tips that a person matching Pryor’s description was seen on Marine Parade in Paraparaumu.
The 63-year-old is missing after leaving the Metco Engineering shop where he works in Waikanae last week, leaving a note saying “be back at 10:30 am” on a whiteboard. CCTV footage shows him setting off on foot.
Buser, the partner of Pryor’s daughter Sharron Barclay, said the information gathered yesterday was researchers’ first lead after days of unsuccessful searches.
* Researchers roam the streets and hills in search of a man from Kāpiti who has been missing for three days
* A man from Hawke’s Bay found safe and sound, another from Kāpiti is still missing
* Police, family looking for Kāpiti Joe Pryor’s man, missing since Friday morning
“It gave us something to do. We spent a few full days with nothing.
A dozen people showed up early Tuesday morning to continue looking for Pryor and were focusing on the search and door-to-door close to Marine Parade.
Research is always coordinated from the Metco workshop. Buser estimated 100 people were looking for Monday and expects more volunteers to show up throughout Tuesday.
A police spokeswoman said on Tuesday that nothing new had been revealed and that investigations were underway. Police said on Monday Pryor would still be in the greater Wellington area and his disappearance was not considered suspicious.
Police said a possible sighting of Pryor was made between 8:15 a.m. and 8:20 a.m. Friday, marching east on Elizabeth St, Waikanae. He is described as wearing blue overalls, carrying a backpack and wearing an orange and white bob.