How To Fix Search Not Working On Microsoft Edge 2022
This tutorial explains how to fix search not working on Microsoft Edge. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog, How to Fix Search Not Working on Microsoft Edge. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to fix search not working on Microsoft Edge
Some browser extensions can cause your browser to behave abnormally. Removing unwanted, unnecessary, or unused browser extensions can get your web browser working properly again.
Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)
PUPs, or “potentially unwanted programs”, often arrive with your computer or are associated with other software that you intended to install, but which were part of a EULA or “recommended offer” on which you probably clicked. These are programs that really do nothing good for you. Some of these programs may add unwanted browser toolbars that clutter your browser, track your web browsing, display additional advertisements, or change your search page and other related settings.
Check all Microsoft Edge settings
If your search experience is not back to normal, the next step is to verify that all of your Edge settings are where they should be to give you the search experience you know. If any settings were previously “hijacked” by a malicious extension and have not been restored to the original settings, your search experience may still not be correct.
- Open Microsoft Edge, select the top right menu and select Settings.
- Under the Open Microsoft Edge with heading, verify that your start page settings are what you would like them to be.
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings.
- If Edge is set to “Show home button” and “A specific page” is selected to be used for this home button, verify that the URL of the page it will load is not malicious.
Try your search page again
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Try things out to see if your search experience is back to normal.
- If your browsing experience continues to be abnormal, we recommend that you have your machine professionally diagnosed to determine the root cause of the problem.
Final Words: How to Fix Search Not Working on Microsoft Edge
Hope you understand this article, How to Fix Search Not Working on Microsoft Edge. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.