How to fix “Instagram search history will not clear” issue
This tutorial discusses How to fix “Instagram search history will not be cleared” issue. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to fix “Instagram search history will not clear” issue. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check out how to fix “Instagram search history will not clear” issue
There’s no denying that each of us is looking for other users on social media, and Instagram is no different. Along with the search comes the search history, similar to the history of the web browser. There is a good part and a bad part. The good thing is that it shows you the last searches you performed, and if you want to revisit that profile or hashtag in the future, you can use history instead of searching again. The downside is that every time you tap on the search bar it shows you your search history. If you are using Instagram search with a friend or coworker, it is definitely a privacy threat as they would later find out which users you have haunted on their profiles.
After all, search suggestions are displayed based on your search history. Therefore, you may be irritated by inappropriate suggestions. And Instagram already has enough threats to worry about. If you don’t want that to happen, you can delete your search history and Instagram suggestions right now. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to do it on iOS and Android. We have updated the steps and screenshots with the latest version of the Instagram app. We’re using the Android app here, but the steps are basically the same for the iPhone with a few small design changes that shouldn’t be a problem if you know the steps below. Now let’s get started!
How to fix “Instagram search history not clearing” issue
Restart your phone
- It might not seem relevant to your problem, but sometimes all you need to do to fix the error is restart your phone. It might only take a few seconds, but that’s probably all you need to fix the problem.
Sign out of Instagram
- Open Instagram
- Tap your profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen
- Touch the three horizontal bars at the top.
- Choose settings and scroll down to locate the “Sign Out” button
- You can log into your account by entering your username and password.
Clear Instagram cache
- You can clear Instagram cache through file manager. You need to empty storage and clear cache to resolve this issue. If none of the above steps work, this is the best way to easily fix the problem.
- However, if your Instagram history is not cleared, your last option is to uninstall Instagram and reinstall the app. You can uninstall the app from the Google Play Store and click “Install” to reinstall it on your device. If you’re using an iPhone, hold down the Instagram app option for a while until it starts to jiggle, then select the little “X” icon that appears at the top of the screen. Here! You can delete the app from there.
- There is a good chance that your search history will be cleared after following the tips above, but if you still notice profile icons appearing in the search history, your last resort is to hide those profiles from there. ‘search history. Go to search history, long press on the profile you want to hide and select ‘hide’.
Final Words: How To Fix “Instagram Search History Won’t Clear” Problem
hope you will understand this item How to fix “Instagram search history will not clear” issue, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.