How to Clear Google Search History 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to clear Google search history. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Clear Google Search History. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to clear Google search history
He understands you better than you know yourself. He knows all the cell phones you’ve considered buying, the videos you’ve seen on YouTube, all the humiliating illnesses you’ve suffered. This is your Google Activity (formerly known as Google Web & App History) and it knows everything you’ve searched to track since 2005. If you’ve ever considered deleting your Google search history, this article will show you how to track it. to delete. forever your Google history to enhance your internet privacy and prevent your query and browsing information from tracking you for eternity.
How to Delete Your Google Account Search History
If you regularly use Google Search while signed in to your Google Account, such as on a personal laptop or desktop, it’s easy to delete your search history.
- Visit myaccount.google.com on a web or mobile browser and sign in to your Google Account if you’re not already signed in.
- Select the Data & Personalization category on the left, then scroll down to Activity & Timeline. Select My Activity (enter your password or two-factor authentication if you have enabled additional verification settings).
- To clear all of your Google search history, select the three vertical dots at the top of the screen to the right of the search field, then select Delete activity by.
- Select All the time in the Delete activity box.
- Choose the services whose activity you want to delete or select all to select all categories. Select Next.
- In the confirmation box, select Delete to permanently delete your Google activity.
Clear Google Search History From Your Chrome Web Browser On Computer
If Google Chrome is your primary web browser, you can clear your Google search history from the browser.
- Open the Chrome web browser on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Select the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Select History from the drop-down menu, then select History from the sub-menu.
- To clear all of your search history between a specific time and the present, select Clear browsing data on the left side of the screen.
- On the next tab, select the Time Range drop-down menu and choose All Time to clear your history. If you want, uncheck the boxes next to the items you want to keep.
- Select Clear data.
- Select the three vertical dots to the right of an item you want to remove, then choose Remove from History.
Clear Google History From Your Chrome Web Browser On Android
If you mainly use Google Chrome from your Android, you can clear your search history from the browser.
- Open the Chrome web browser app on your Android device.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner, then tap History.
- If you want to clear all your search history, tap Clear browsing data. Alternatively, if you want to clear individual search items from your history, scroll down to find the item or tap the magnifying glass to find an item, then tap the X to the right of the individual item to delete it .
- If you’re deleting all history, tap the Time Range drop-down arrow and select All Time. If you prefer, clear the check boxes next to the items listed below if you prefer not to disable them.
- Tap Clear Data in the lower right corner.
Clear Google Search History From Your Chrome Web Browser on iOS
If you use Google Chrome on an iPhone or iPad, you can clear your search history from the browser.
- Open the Chrome web browser app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the three horizontal dots in the bottom menu.
- Tap History in the submenu.
- To clear all your search history, tap Clear browsing data at the bottom.
- In the next tab, choose a time range from the menu. To delete all of your history, leave it set to Always.
- Make sure browsing history is checked. Otherwise, tap it to add a checkmark. Optionally, tap to check or uncheck any of the following.
- Tap Clear browsing data, then tap it a second time to confirm that you want to clear the data.
Delete individual items
Sometimes there are items in your history that you want to keep for a while, or specific items that you want to delete. To remove individual search items, follow these steps:
- In the History tab, tap Edit in the lower right corner.
- Scroll down or find an item you want to remove, then tap the circle next to it to add a tick.
- Tap Delete in the lower left corner.
- Tap Done in the top right corner.
Clear Google Search History from Google App on Android and iOS
If you use the official Google Android app for all your searches, clear your search history from the app by going to More > Search activity, then follow the steps listed above to delete your activity.
Set automatic deletion to clear Google search history
You can use Google’s automatic deletion controls to delete your search history, web and app activity, using a web browser or the Google mobile app. That’s how.
- From a web browser, navigate to the Web & App Activity page.
- Select Remove automatically.
- Choose the Automatically delete activity older than option and choose a time period from the drop-down menu.
- You can choose to delete an activity older than three months, 18 months, and 36 months.
- Select Next.
- Select Confirm to save your changes.
Final Words: How to Clear Google Search History
Hope you understand this article How to Clear Google Search History, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.