3 Ways to Search YouTube Shorts on Phone and PC
Although YouTube started with a 19 second video, the platform is known for its long-form content. In September 2020, he launched YouTube Shorts which is one of the most favorite short video formats for viewers after reels. As abbreviated content is quite convenient for creators to create and viewers to watch on the go. But, as of now, there is no dedicated tab to search for Instagram reels and shorts. So, today in this read, we will discuss some workarounds to search YouTube shorts on phones and PCs.
How to search YouTube short films?
Although YouTube has provided many features, such as app-based recording, video segmentation, and music overlays, a direct search option has not yet been provided. Don’t worry, because we have some backdoor ideas for you to search for YouTube Shorts content.
Search YouTube shorts using hashtag
While using YouTube on the web, you might have missed finding and watching Shorts videos. Here are the easy steps you need to follow:
1. Go to the Youtube website on your browser.
2. In the search field, type the term for which you are looking for a video with “#Shorts“, for example, you can search for Queen Elizabeth shorts by typing: #queenelizabeth #shorts.
3. This will search for all related short YouTube videos for you. The same can also be done over the phone.
Find YouTube shorts using normal search
You can now search for any YouTube Shorts video with your normal search by just adding a few more keywords to the query. Here’s how:
1. Launch it Youtube app on your phone, and search for the video you are looking for, followed by the word “shorts“.
2. Scroll a bit and you will get all the related information Shorts horizontally aligned, you can swipe left and right to enjoy videos.
Find YouTube shorts in the shorts category
You can also search for any YouTube Shorts video by selecting the shorts category under the search option. Here’s how:
1. Launch the YouTube app on your phone and tap the icon Shorts button.
2. Now tap the search icon in the upper right corner. (If the option is not available on your phone, be sure to update the app)
3. Find the video you want to watch.
4. Now press the Shorts Category.
5. This will only fetch short videos for the associated query.
Bonus: Find YouTube shorts via the Channel Home tab
Many of you might like a specific channel’s short video because of the content, topics, and sometimes even dedication. It often becomes difficult to find the right content in general search. So here are some steps to find the short movies uploaded by your favorite channels.
1. Launch YouTube on your phone and search for the name of the channel you are looking for.
2. Switch to the Videos tab on the channel page.
3. Here, select the Shorts option.
4. Now all short videos in this channel will be displayed.
A similar implementation will also be available on the desktop YouTube website in a few weeks.
Now, after learning these three best ways to find YouTube shorts on your phone and laptop, you’re ready to brag among your friends for discovering this empirical article. I hope you found this useful; if you did, be sure to like and share it. Moreover, you can also learn how to fast forward and rewind YouTube shorts on your phone and PC. Check out the other tips linked below and stay tuned for more such tech tips.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.